Daily Life of a “Category & E-commerce Manager” in Retail World
The Category and E-commerce Manager at a retail enterprise is responsible for managing product categories for each store and e-commerce website respectively. She is responsible for personalizing products according to the market’s needs to drive sales.
On a daily basis, the manager deals with the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Researches for new products to expand profitable product lines/categories
- Analyzes marketing, consumer and competitor data to gain insights into the most profitable products in the category
- Organizes and promotes the products in store and on website
- Forecasts sales and devises long-term strategies to drive growth and achieve the objectives of each product category
- Manages unsuccessful products and develops exits plans
- Collaborates with the Marketing department to create an attractive promotional package
Daily Challenge of a “Category & E-commerce Manager” in Retail World to publish across channels
(A) New Merchandizing
- Build the correct displays and bring in new merchandise into the store and e-commerce website
- Work with the advertising department in order to present sales promotions
- Create catalogues to market the products
(C) Consistent information
- Display right content about the products across different marketing channels such as Marketplaces, ecommerce website for Mobile and Desktop
- Display accurate photos suited for different channels
For (A) –
Product Information Management (PIM) solution enables consolidation of product information across multiple sources and gives enterprises a competitive advantage by enriching product information and providing a seamless experience across omnichannel and in-store.
Read more about the PIM solution and how Riversand is solving it.
For (B) –
Print Solution enables the creation and publication of digital and in print materials and make it rich with accurate product content.
Read more about the Print solution and how Riversand is solving it.
For (C) –
Digital Asset Management Solution supports Buyers with the production of digital assets to improve the brand consistency, reduces the cost of creating product content and increases the odds of a successful marketing campaign.
Read more about the Digital Asset Management solution and how Riversand is solving it.
Data Integration & Syndication Solution enables linking of data from PIM with different marketplaces like Amazon, Google etc. and ecommerce platforms.
Read more about the Data Integration solution and how Riversand is solving it.