Daily Life of a “Planner” in Retail World
Planner at a retail enterprise is responsible for identifying, selecting and purchasing the stock that is sold in stores. In some enterprises, they are called Procurement specialists.
On a daily basis, a Buyer deals with the following tasks and issues:
- Monitors the feedback from customers and reacts to the changes in demand, latest market trends and competitor’s prices
- Brainstorms and designs promotional campaigns alongside the marketing department and visual merchandisers
- Tracks the inventory levels/stock movements and sales quotas to decide whether to drop a line or expand it
- Predicts future sales based on past sales trends and consumer buying patterns
- Cooperates with the Marketing and Buying departments to ensure that they reach their weekly/monthly/annual sales goals