Delivery Cycle phase is typically comprised of the following tasks:
Plan the Cycle
- Incorporate feedback, if available (from previous cycles).
- Assess impact, identify risks and reevaluate priorities.
- Update cycle plan, risk management plan, QE plan and other artifacts.
- Define the goals, resource needs, schedule, risks, inputs and deliverables for current cycle.
- Perform detailed design for the features earmarked in this cycle.
- Update the Quality plan with the testing criteria for the features and develop test cases.
- Develop the unit test cases for the important classes and operations and add the test cases to the regression test suite.
- Code and unit test.
- Perform daily automated build and regression testing.
- Update technical and project documentation.
- Deliver product to users.
- Assess operational and business readiness.
- Update training and user documentation.
- Conduct user training.
- Data conversion/migration.
- System deployment through parallel runs and crossover.
- Obtain user feedback.
- Review the successes and failures in the current cycle.
- Analyze failures, determine root causes and fix them.