Any questions regarding our Privacy Practices should be directed to the Data Privacy Officer (details provided in the Contacts section below).
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE
1. Personal Data Collected Automatically
Our website collects and stores certain information automatically. The information collected is as follows:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, device type used to access the website, browser type, operating system and other information about the usage of Riversand's website, including a history of the pages you view. This is typically done to recognize your device, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics to enable us in providing better user experience to you in your future visits to this website.
2. Personal Data Collected From You
We directly collect from you, the personal data in following ways:
- By entering information to Contact Us, we collect your name, email address, country of residence, phone number, job title, company you represent and details of the inquiry to enable us to respond to a general/business inquiry made by you on behalf of your company.
- By entering information to Apply for this position under careers page, we collect your name, email address, address details and phone number enable us to contact or respond you for the employment purposes.
- You provide us information during registrations. In order to send you our newsletters, other news alerts that you may have subscribed to and webinars, we ask for your name, phone number, designation, email address and company you represent. Please note that we may also be collecting any information that you may have mentioned in any communication/email that you send to us after registering with us.
- You provide us your email address when subscribing and unsubscribe through writing us using email address to email@example.com mentioning “I want to opt-out and providing your subscribed email id”. The preference centre keeps track of your communication preferences (over email) and areas of interest (such as receiving newsletters and/or webinar mailers) that you may have either opted into or opted out of.
We process the received information only to pursue our legitimate business interests, respond to your queries, establish communication with prospective clients (whom you represent) and to enhance user experience.
You also have the option to subscribe/opt-in to receive newsletters, new alerts and marketing content. You can always opt-out of such options using our blog or click the “unsubscribe/opt-out” link at the bottom of an email newsletter. Riversand Technologies Inc. shall adhere to your preferences.
Riversand Technologies Inc., its subsidiaries and group companies and their branches (“Riversand”) has implemented adequate technical and organizational safeguards, in line with industry standards to ensure the security of personal data, including the prevention of the alteration, loss, damage, unauthorized processing or access, of such personal data. Riversand appreciates the sensitive nature of the personal data, and the risks to which such personal data is exposed by virtue of human action and the physical or natural environment.
The key security measures to keep your personal data secure and confidential, including and not limited to:
- Limiting the access of employees to such personal data.
- Ensuring that such access is on a strictly need to know basis, such as to respond to an inquiry or request.
- Enforcing strict disciplinary action on employees who misuse such personal data.
4. Transfers Of Personal Data
We are part of an international group of companies and, as such, transfer personal data concerning you to countries outside the European Union (EU) and California. Please https://www.riversand.com/contact/ to see list of our companies within our corporate group.
We transfer personal data between our subsidiaries and affiliated entities and delivery centres for the purposes explained above.
Your personal data is stored in cloud-based database management services that Riversand Technologies Inc. engages, located within and outside EU and California.
Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU and California, we either transfer personal data to countries that provide an adequate level of protection (as determined by the European Commission and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)) or we have appropriate safeguards in place. Appropriate safeguards to cover these transfers are in the form of standard contractual/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
5. Personal Data Retention
- Keep all personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration Riversand’s need to answer queries or resolve problems, or any other purpose outlined above or to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that Riversand may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after, for example, the end of the contract with the client you represent, or after your query has been addressed. After this period, your personal data will be deleted from all Riversand systems.
- Honor your request to have your personal data deleted at any time. You may always choose to opt-out by writing to us at privacy@Riversand.com.
6. Data Subject / Consumer Rights
You have a right to:
- Request access to your personal data and request details of the processing activities conducted by Riversand Technologies Inc. its subsidiaries, group companies or branches
- Request that your personal data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data by Riversand.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
- Object to, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
- Withdraw any consent you may have provided to us at any time by contacting us.
- Right to Opt-out/Right to opt-out from selling of personal data (Riversand do not sell the personal data of client, employees, contractors or any other personal data in any circumstances).
- Right to disclosure of data to third parties
To exercise the rights outlined above in respect of your personal data you may also our privacy team officer firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Selling Of Personal Information
Riversand do not sell the personal data of client, employees, contractors or any other personal data in any circumstances.
8. Under-age Information
Our websites deliver business-related content and are specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about individuals under the age of 18 years.
9. External Website Links
This site contains links that may lead you to other sites. Be careful when accessing these links, as Riversand is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Websites.
11. Our Contact Details
Riversand Technologies Inc. is the controller of data for the purposes of GDPR and CCPA. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, you can contact our Data Protection officer DPO@riversand.com
European Union (EU) representative details:-
Name:- Mikkel Jensen
Mail id: email@example.com
Address:- Riversand Technologies
Introduction and Scope
Riversand Technologies Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Riversand,” “we,” “us,” “our”) takes the protection of personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) very seriously.
We process Personal Data when providing our Master Data Management (MDM)/Product Information Management (PIM), Digital Asset Management, Riversand Print, Riversand Customer MDM, Riversand Vendor Portal and Retail Connectors (the “Services”). This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) addresses data subjects whose Personal Data we may process to provide the Services.
In connection with the Services, we act only as a storage and service provider, and in general shall only access Personal Data at our customers’ request in connection with customer support or account administration matters, as is reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services that our customers have directed us to provide, or as may be required by law.
Please read this Notice to learn more about the ways in which we collect, use, and otherwise process your Personal Data to provide the Services to you. This Notice also explains your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and other applicable privacy laws (“Applicable Laws”).
This Notice does not apply to Personal Data we collect by other means, such as Personal Data that we receive directly through Riversand’s own publicly accessible website (www.riversand.com) or as part of our sales and marketing efforts, or the Personal Data of our employees.
In the context of this Notice, Riversand acts as a “data processor” or “service provider” for the Personal Data we process to provide the Services for our customers. This means that our customers determine the type of Personal Data they provide to Riversand to process on their behalf and what Riversand must do with it. We typically have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we receive from our customers.
Basis of Processing
Within the scope of this Notice, we process Personal Data based on the documented instructions of our customers. To learn about our customers’ lawful bases for processing your Personal Data, please read their privacy notices.
How We Receive Personal Data
We may receive your Personal Data when:
- you provide it directly to us as part of using our Services;
- our customers (including their employees, contractors, and other representatives of the company) provide it to us;
- our customers’ clients provide it to us; or
- we receive it from other companies within our corporate group.
Categories of Personal Data
We may process the following types of Personal Data:
- identifiers, such as the username to access the Services;
- biographical information, such as first and last name;
- professional information, such as job title and company name;
- contact information, such as email address.
Purposes of Processing
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- enabling the use of the Services;
- improving the Services; and
- responding to your requests or questions.
We retain Personal Data for as long as instructed by the respective customer (who typically acts as a data controller). In the absence of any instruction by the customer, Personal Data used for a project shall be disposed once the project is complete, or as defined by Riversand’s data retention and disposal policy. As a general rule, we will delete all Personal Data associated with the employees of our customers within thirty days from the day the account with our customer was cancelled.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share Personal Data with our subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as with our service providers, who process Personal Data on our behalf and who agree to use the Personal Data only to assist us in providing our Services or as required by law. Our service providers may provide:
- application hosting services;
- email software;
- cloud storage services;
- IT services;
- customer support services;
- analytics services;
- CRM software; and
- product content distribution platforms and solutions;
- cloud e-commerce software;
- product content integration, optimization and distribution in commerce software;
- software implementation services;
- low-code integration SaaS;
- data and security programming solutions;
- in-app guidance and performance support;
- response management software;
- testing platforms; and
- project management software;
Some of these third parties may be located outside of the United States of America. However, before transferring your Personal Data to these third parties, we will either ask for your explicit consent or require the third party to maintain at least the same level of privacy and security for your Personal Data that we do. We remain liable for the protection of your Personal Data that we transfer to third parties, except to the extent that we are not responsible for the event that leads to any unauthorized or improper processing.
In addition, some of these third parties may be located outside your jurisdiction (for example, outside of Canada, the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom). For example, some of these third parties are located in the United States of America and India. In some cases, the authorities of your jurisdiction may have determined that the countries’ data protection laws provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws of your jurisdiction. You can see here the list of countries that the European Commission has recognized as providing an adequate level of protection to Personal Data. We will only transfer your Personal Data to third parties in these countries when there are appropriate safeguards in place. These safeguards may include the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission under Article 46.2 of the GDPR.
We do not sell your Personal Data.
Other Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the extent required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that we need to disclose it in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings (whether initiated by governmental/law enforcement officials or private parties). We may also disclose your Personal Data if we sell or transfer all or some of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate restructuring. Finally, we may disclose your Personal Data to our subsidiaries or affiliates for business purposes, if necessary and as described in the section above.
We reserve the right to use aggregated, anonymous data about individuals whose Personal Data we process for any legal business purpose. Such data does not include any Personal Data. The purposes may include analyzing usage trends or seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, and customers.
If we must disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with official investigation or legal processing initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your Personal Data will maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
Data Integrity & Security
Riversand has implemented and will maintain technical, administrative, and physical measures that are reasonably designed to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized processing such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Risk of Harm
Whenever Personal Data is collected and processed, there is always a slight risk that the Personal Data may be breached, misused, or otherwise result in a harm to you. However, we take several measures to ensure that this risk is mitigated as much as possible. These measures include limiting the Personal Data about you that we collect and process to solely what is necessary, not collecting sensitive Personal Data about you, and implementing appropriate security measures, as described in this Notice.
Your Privacy Rights
If we process your Personal Data, you may have the right to request access to (or to update, correct, or delete) such Personal Data. You may also have the right to ask that we limit our processing of such Personal Data, as well as the right to object to our processing of such Personal Data. You may also have the right to data portability.
Please note that requests should generally be sent directly to the Riversand customer who provided your Personal Data to us. Riversand has limited rights to access Personal Data our customers submit to us. If sending the request directly to the Riversand customer is not possible for any reason and you decide to contact us with such a request, please provide the name of the Riversand customer who submitted your Personal Data to us. We will forward your request to that customer and provide any needed assistance as they respond to your request.
Privacy of Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we process Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will delete the Personal Data we have stored as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us or the customer that has provided the child’s information to us.
Changes to this Notice
If we make any material change to this Notice, we will post the revised Notice to this web page. We will also update the “Effective” date. By continuing to use the Services after we post any of these changes, you accept the modified Notice.
If you have any questions about this Notice or our processing of your Personal Data, please contact us by email at or by postal mail at:
Riversand Technologies Inc.
Attn: Debra Osborn, Senior Counsel
141 W. Jackson Blvd., Ste 1220
Chicago, IL 60604
Please allow up to four weeks for us to reply.
European Union Representative
We have appointed VeraSafe as our representative in the EU for data protection matters. While you may also contact us, VeraSafe can be contacted on matters related to the processing of Personal Data. To contact VeraSafe, please use this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road
VeraSafe Netherlands BV
Keizersgracht 391 A
1016 EJ Amsterdam
VeraSafe Czech Republic s.r.o.
United Kingdom Representative
We have appointed VeraSafe as our representative in the United Kingdom for data protection matters. While you may also contact us, VeraSafe can be contacted on matters related to the processing of Personal Data. To contact VeraSafe, please use this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd.
37 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TL
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed VeraSafe as our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). While you may contact us directly, VeraSafe can also be contacted on matters related to the processing of Personal Data. VeraSafe’s contact details are:
100 M Street S.E., Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20003 USA