Riversand Technologies, Inc. is committed to protecting your information. For the purposes of this Policy, when we refer to “you” or to a “customer” we mean any past, current or prospective customer of Riversand, including any visitor to one of our websites.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or questions, requests or concerns regarding your information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riversand Technologies, Inc. is the data controller and has its principal place of business at 2929 Briarpark Dr #200, Houston, TX 77042, USA.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you in accordance with the process described in the “Revisions or Changes” section of this Policy, below.
Information We Collect on Riversand Websites
We collect information from various sources and methods as described below.
Sources of Information
We collect information about you or your devices from the following sources.
- Information that you provide to us when you fill out a form, register for an event, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
- When you provide information while attending an event (at a conference, tradeshow, customer event, webinar) where Riversand is exhibiting, sponsoring or hosting.
- If we use a form which has an option to link with your LinkedIn profile, and you chose to link it, we collect information from your LinkedIn profile.
- We collect or receive data from third parties, including, in some cases, publicly available directories, as part of our marketing and prospecting activities.
Types of Information
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Name, email address, phone number and physical address.
- Job title and company that you work for.
- Interests in our marketing content or events.
- Your feedback or comments submitted via our websites or during events.
- In the situation where you are a job applicant, we might collect additional personal information that you choose to provide while applying on the website or during the application process.
Cookies and Third Party Technologies
When you use our websites, we automatically collect and analyze certain information through third party technology to improve our sales and marketing engagement. The information we collect using third party technology includes unique browser identifiers, IP addresses, browser and operating system information, device identifiers, geolocation and other device-specific information, Internet connection information, as well as details about your interactions with websites.
We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access our website. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the websites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Web Beacons (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our websites for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our websites and to monitor how many visitors view our websites. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
Analytics: We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the websites. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Web Sites.
Advertising: In some cases, we facilitate the collection of information by advertising services administered by third parties. The ad services track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means such as cookies, and they use this information to show you ads (relevant content, upcoming events, webinars etc.) tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to certain sites, or other information we know, infer or have collected from you.
For example, we and the third-party vendors use first- and third-party cookies together, as well as other automated means and other data (such as the data described above) to:
- Recognize you and your devices;
- Inform, optimize, and serve ads; and
- Report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to specific sites or apps).
How We Store The Information
Privacy laws in these countries may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence, and your government may or may not deem such protections adequate.
How We Use Information We Collect
From our Website and from Events
On the basis of implied or express consent and for legitimate interests in conducting our business such as:
- To send you certain information that you requested, respond to your questions, to notify you of upcoming events, share latest content, obtain your input on surveys for research and analysis, and send newsletters as part of marketing communications.
- To provide and notify you of relevant content through advertising you see on our websites across the Internet and trusted third parties (e.g., our contracted service providers or advisers) whom we have engaged to keep you updated about Riversand.
- If you post content or otherwise participate in discussion forums or other social areas of our websites, your participation (including the content you post, your name, and a link to your profile) may be shared across our websites and in other public or private areas of the internet.
- To provide relevant information (for hospitality and safety purposes) to travel agent, hotels and other facilities involving in hosting the event attendees.
Sales and Customer Advocacy
- To schedule calls/meetings with you in your product selection journey
- We may select and post customer testimonials on our Services, which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name and/or the city, state, or country in which you live. We will obtain your consent prior to posting any testimonial with your name. If you post such content, it will be available to other users of the Services. Your posting may also become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy or the law. If you would like us to remove or delete your name or testimonial from our Services, you may contact Riversand using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy. Note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites for a period of time.
- To review and assess your job applications.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to:
(a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Web Sites; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage patterns on our website; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems related to our website.
From Third Party Technologies and Service Providers
For any of the purposes above, we share information with other members of our corporate family. We also share your information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf. Some third parties’ embedded plugins or other automated technology on our websites, such as cookies or social sharing buttons, allow their operators to learn that you have visited or interacted with our websites, and they combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services. These third parties handle this information, and other information they directly collect through their content and plugins, pursuant to their own privacy policies.
Choices About Use of Your Information/ Data Subject Rights
We believe it is important to give you choices about the use of your information. We will use your information as described in this Policy. If we want to use your information for a purpose not described in this Policy, we will first get your consent to do so.
We will respect your wish to not receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences by contacting us at the address email@example.com or you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by clicking this link: https://www.riversand.com/unsubscribe/. If you gave us your email address to receive marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links or instructions included at the bottom of our emails. Please note that we will continue to send you service-related communications regardless of any opt-out request. We will not sell or share your information or information with third parties (other than our subsidiaries or affiliates) for their own promotional or marketing purposes.
Advertising and Analytics
To learn more about interest-based advertising generally, including how to opt out from the targeting of interest-based ads by some of our current ad service partners, click here. For controls specific to advertising and analytics services offered by Google, click here, here and here. If you replace, change or upgrade your browser, or delete your cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again. We do not respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
Please refer to your mobile device manufacturer’s website (or the website for its operating system) for instructions on how to use any additional privacy controls offered by your mobile operating system, such as privacy settings for device identifiers and geolocation.
Modifying your Information
You can request access to information we hold about you, ask us to correct any information that may be inaccurate, and/or ask us to block or delete such information and object to the processing of information (within the limits of applicable law). To access, correct, or raise inquiries about your information in our possession, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 2929 Briarpark Dr #200, Houston, TX 77042, USA.
We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification before fulfilling your request.
Riversand applies HTTPS or other technical measure to secure the personal information transmitted over its website. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via our websites.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Riversand will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify authorities and those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
You can choose to opt out of our Marketing Communications, Advertising and Analytics and Modifying your Information by following the instructions listed in those sections
Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Riversand processes your information, please email us at the relevant address above or contact us at:email@example.com.
If you are an EU data subject and your complaint is not resolved after discussing the matter with us, we will work to resolve the matter, free of charge to you, through cooperation with the relevant European privacy regulator. Formal complaints regarding our data protection practices and related actions regarding information from countries outside the EU may be addressed directly to the relevant data protection authority in your country.
Our websites deliver business-related content and are specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about individuals under the age of 18 years.